Stevens Advertising, Grand Rapids, MI
Senior writer/producer, campaign strategist, mentor, voice talent for regional full-service
B2C and B2B ad agency.
- Creative catalyst behind agency’s rapid growth over an 8 year period.
- Created the new business pitch that landed Saint Mary’s Health Care as agency client.
Launched Lack’s Cancer Center with full-featured broadcast campaign.
- Lead-creative behind a 10-year succession of campaigns for Crystal Mountain Resort that
ended with the “Best Resort in the Midwest,” as rated by SKI Magazine.
- Northwestern Bank: conceived “We Can Do That!” campaign that doubled new deposits
in its first year. Campaign is still active 10 years later.
- National Heritage Academies: created TV, radio, print and collateral campaign that
helped NHA double its stable of schools in 3 years.
JW Messner Advertising, Grand Rapids, MI
Senior writer/producer, creative lead, voice talent, road-show presenter for regional
full-service automotive advertising agency.
- Oversaw all Chevy Dealer Association creative for New England and eastern seaboard.
- Traveled extensively as a creative trouble-shooter and presenter for dealer groups.
- Created and produced over 70 TV spots (with companion radio & print) in 18 months.
Bozell Worldwide, Southfield, MI
Senior writer/producer, creative group head, voice talent, “go-to guy” for large,
national full-service ad agency.
- Oversaw 6-person team as Creative Group Head. Responsible for $60MM in media billings.
- Won 6 major creative shootouts in a row, competing against the work of 7 other teams.
- Generated national creative for over $2.5 MM in production billings in 18 month period.
- Won my first two Caddy advertising awards for radio dealer service campaigns.
- Bozell Outstanding Creative Award – The Minivan Store national campaign.
At various times and stations; announcer, on-air personality, program director,
music director, news, copywriting, commercial production, promotions, public service.
- WLHT-FM, Grand Rapids, MI
- WJNR-FM, Iron Mountain, MI
Singer/songwriter, lyricist, acoustic guitarist
- Co-founded Grand Rapids Songwriters Alliance, 2004
- Independent record label songwriting credits
- Single-song publishing contracts
- Over 100 completed songs, collaborations to date